Excellence In Fundraising In Canada Volumes 1 and 2
|Contributor Bios Volume 1 Contributor Bios Volume 2
Buy Volume 1 Buy Volume 2
|Edited by Guy Mallabone|
The first volume of Excellence in Fundraising in Canada edited by Guy Mallabone and published in 2011 has become our all-time Best Seller. Adopted as a text by a number of Canadian academic institutions, it delivers over 400 years of combined fundraising experience through the expertise of 22 of Canada's most respected fundraising professionals.
- Fund Development Planning – Ken Wyman, CFRE
- Ethics and the Basis for Ethical Standards – Dianne Lister, CFRE
- Case For Support – Pearl Veenema, CFRE
- Prospect Research – Peter McKinley, MLIS
- Annual Fundraising – Nick Jaffer, BCOMM
- Direct Response Fundraising – Steve Thomas, CFRE
- Special Events – Hala Bissada, CFRE
- Monthly Giving – Harvey McKinnon, CFRE
- Major Gifts – Guy Mallabone, CFRE
- Solicitation – Tony Myers, CFRE
- Capital Campaigns – Nicholas Offord, BA
- Planned Giving – Val Hoey, CFRE
- Corporate Giving & Sponsorships – Richard Walker, BSc
- Online Fundraising – Michael Johnston
- Foundations – Leslie Weir, ACFRE
- Stewardship – Luce Moreau, CFRE
- Governance & Boards – Andrea McManus, CFRE
- Volunteers in Fundraising – Boyd McBride, CFRE
- Data Management – Tania Brandstrom, CFRE
- Fundraising Counsel – Patricia Hardy, ACFRE
- Glossary of Canadian Fundraising Terms – John Bouza, CFRE
- Professional Certification and Canadian Fundraising Practice – Sharilyn Hale, CFRE
Now Volume 2 of Excellence in Fundraising in Canada completes the picture with an additional 18 chapters from more respected Canadian fundraising professionals, again edited by Guy Mallabone.
- History of Fundraising in Canada - Patricia Hardy
- HR in Fundraising -Tim McConnell
- Small Shops - Ligia Pena
- Measuring Performance - Karen Van Sacker
- Organizational Culture - Kelly Morris and Andrea Morris
- Diversity in Fundraising -Krishan Mehta and Deborah Greenfield
- Advocacy -Christopher F. Holzol
- Telemarketing - Dan Abraham
- International Fundraising -Cathy Daminato
- Charitable Gaming -Ted Garrard
- Sponsorship - Brent Barootes
- Creative in Fundraising - John VanDuzer
- Communication Strategies with Major Gift Donors - Anne Melanson
- Social Fundraising - James Howe
- Philanthropic Naming - Vincent E. Duckworth
- Entrepreneurial Fundraising - Kathryn Babcock
- Grant Writing - Rob Peacock
- The Charity in Business - John Baker and John Pepin
What they're saying about Excellence In Fundraising In Canada Volume 1
"Excellence in Canadian Fundraising is a comprehensive book written by senior, well regarded, Canadian practitioners offering practical, strategic and tactical information. Highly recommended as a great resource for a survey or post secondary course, and a requirement for any fundraising office." Deb Greenfield Findlay, Director of Development, Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University
"A copy of this book should be in every fundraiser's office. Covering everything from prospect research to special events, major gifts and more, Excellence in Fundraising is the first Canadian book to cover the full gamut of fundraising." Dale Godsoe , CM, President, Capital Cities Consulting
"The authors in this publication represent an anthology of collective expertise within Canada's charitable sector. With wisdom gleaned from all of these authors, Guy Mallabone delivers unabashed wisdom, with an extraordinary combination of theoretical and applied knowledge for the practitioner. This is the definitive book for our profession."
"...the first comprehensive fundraising textbook written by Canadians for Canadians." Elaine Goldie , retired Vice-President (External) University of Manitoba
"In an industry as fast growing as individual and corporate philanthropy,where there is often a struggle to find highly qualified senior fundraisers, this book brings the street-smart knowledge from the trenches of 20 of Canada's top fundraisers. It's a must read!" Dale Boniface, President, Give Canada Fundraising Corp.
"Excellence in Fundraising in Canada covers it all - whether you are a student, mid or senior level fundraiser - providing best practices on a range of subjects. Where else can you find twenty experts in the field, providing top-notch advice when you need it?" Terry R. Flannigan , Ph. D.
"...a well-written guide to Canadian fundraising, filled with advice from Canada's most experienced fundraisers."
"...an excellent information source for every Canadian fundraiser, regardless of their years of experience."
Joan Black, CFRE, President, Black Fund Development Inc.
Excellence In Fundraising In Canada Volume 1
ISBN 978-1-895589-92-4 Civil Sector Press 2011
356 pages soft cover / 8.5 x 11 in / 1 kg (2.2 lbs.)
Excellence In Fundraising In Canada Volume 2
ISBN 978-1-927375-23-5 Civil Sector Press 2014
350 pages (approx) soft cover / 8.5 x 11 in / 1 kg (2.2 lbs.)